Pat Bain from the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health has come up with a picturesque way to raise funds for the Poppy Appeal.
Pat, who is a member of the Garioch Art Group, sketched her piece, Lest we Forget, as tribute to those who served in the Great War.
The artist, whose grandfather served as a Gordon Highlander, then decided to hold a silent auction for the drawing, with the proceeds going to the Poppy Appeal.
Bids can be made at the Garioch Art Exhibition at Inverurie Town Hall from Saturday, August 9 to Saturday, August 16, 10am to 4.30pm.
Bidders can also make their bid directly to Pat by calling 01224 438670. The picture can be viewed online http://www.patbain.plus.com/
Pat commented: “As we can no longer thank these veterans for their bravery, as a mark of respect the least I could do was draw this picture and donate the proceeds to the Poppy Appeal.
“It’s not representative of any particular battle or regiment but I’ve tried to capture something of what it might have been like to fight in the trenches, the ruined landscape and civilization beyond.
“I am delighted to have been able to organise this and hope to raise as much as possible for such a worthy cause.”
The Garioch Art Group was established over 30 years ago by local painter Julia Metcalfe and meets every Thursday evening at the Garioch Community Centre in Inverurie. It is a self-help group which provides support and encouragement to its members through weekly meetings, workshops, events and outings. The group holds an annual exhibition in Inverurie Town Hall during August. This year the exhibition is open daily between Saturday 9th and 16th August 10am – 4.30pm.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018