The University and Lend Lease, the main contractor on the new Rowett Building, are joining forces in September to help give a local school's grounds a make over.
Staff volunteers are required to take part in the one-day community volunteering project which will see the team apply some forward planning and hard graft to transform several outdoor areas at Cordyce School in Dyce.
The one-day ‘blitz’ has the simple aim of revamping these outdoor areas to provide improved outdoor learning and nurture spaces.
Cordyce School provides secondary education for pupils with additional support needs arising from social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The School sits on a fantastic site by the river in Dyce but the school facilities are showing their age. The School itself identified the project and sees the transformation of these outdoor areas as a positive outcome that will help in its efforts to nurture some of the hardest to reach children in the city.
We’re looking for a team of 10-15 volunteers to work alongside Lend Lease and the School on this day-long blitz. The activity will be physical and will include some heavy weeding, digging, clearing and painting. The date is yet to be finalised but will be a weekday in mid-September. If you’d like to express an interest in participating in this worthwhile project, please contact Fraser Lovie on email@example.com. This event is being supported institutionally, but colleagues should seek their line-manager’s agreement before volunteering.
For information on last year’s University volunteering project in Seaton please see here.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018