Clare Brennan, Shell's Graduate Recruiter and Elmer Schaap, Shell's Graduate Recruitment Manager Europe, were on campus this week to show off the trophy recently won by Shell on the strength of the partnership with our Careers Service.
Shell was nominated by the University of Aberdeen Careers Service and subsequently won the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services( AGCAS) Award for Excellence in Careers and Employability Service Engagement at the 2014 TARGETjobs National Graduate Recruitment Awards.
Employers were shortlisted for their commitment and contribution to the careers and employability services offered at each AGCAS member service.
Commenting on the winning entry Paul Redmond, AGCAS President, said: “This partnership has genuinely impacted on learning and teaching – and on student employability – through an impressively wide range of interventions. It's an employer-HEI partnership for others to aspire to."
Shell has recruited five University of Aberdeen graduates so far this year, with several internships.
The judging panel commented on Shell's relationship with Aberdeen as an excellent example of a tri-lateral partnership between an employer, a higher education institution and students. The relationship has brought significant benefits to the university's students and graduates via a wide range of offerings, including mentoring, multiple diversity initiatives, business/enterprise games and competitions, curriculum-based sessions, and training for academic staff.
Photo shows Peter Fantom, Head of the Careers Service, (centre with trophy) with the University team and Elmer Schaap (behind on Peter's right), and Clare Brennan (on Peter's left).
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018