The University of Aberdeen will play host to an executive producer of one of the most talked about films of the year this week (Friday).
The latest event in the Director’s Cut series will feature Professor Joram ten Brink, who co-produced The Act of Killing.
The film, which has won more than 25 International awards, started as an academic research project funded by a £420K AHRC grant overseen by Joram ten Brink.
Professor Brink is Director of the Centre for Production and Research in Documentary Film at the University of Westminster.
The event will take place in King’s Conference Centre on Thursday, 5th December at 5:30-7pm and members of the public will hear from the influential producer about his time working on The Act of Killing and his other work and writings on film.
Dr Alan Marcus from the University of Aberdeen’s School of Language and Literature is delighted to welcome Professor Brink to the city. He said: "We have had over 30 Director’s Cut events since the series started six years ago, and are especially pleased to welcome Joram as both an important creator of films, author and producer of the landmark work, The Act of Killing. I was on the jury this summer at the RAI Film Festival in Edinburgh, and was both shocked when I saw this powerful and unique film, and pleased to have given it an award.”
Admission to the Director’s Cut and reception that follows is free, however booking is essential. For further information or to book please visit http://www.abdn.ac.uk/directorscut/
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018