The University's Communications Team is keen to hear about students graduating this summer with an interesting story to tell, and who would be willing to be featured in the media and on the University website.
Examples of newsworthy graduation stories include:
- Students who have excelled / completed newsworthy research / are the first cohort to complete a new course
- Mature students who have juggled family life / switched career
- Against the odds - a degree gained in adversities
- Graduates about to embark on an exciting new venture, for example high profile career start / round-the-world trip
- Family connections for example generations of Aberdeen graduates, relations of University staff, twins·
- Graduates who have enjoyed success in an extra-curricular activity during their student career eg sport, student politics, music
- Local connections – for example groups of friends from the same home town / best friends from school graduating
- Graduate couple who met during studies and are planning a future together
Local media are particularly keen to feature graduands from:
- Banff and Buchan
- Highlands and Islands
In addition we are keen to seek publicity in the home media of students from outwith this area, and from other international regions.
If you know of a graduand with a story to share please fill in the details below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with graduation story in the subject box.
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE: GRADUATION PUBLICITY
Home Address (if different from term-time address):
Contact telephone number (mobile / home):
Date and time of graduation ceremony:
Newsworthy information - like that listed above - that might attract media interest: