The challenge of conditions such as obesity, diabetes and hypertension during pregnancy will be discussed by a University researcher next week at three-day event helping to develop fresh talent in multicultural Scotland.
Lovney Kanguru, from the global maternal health research initiative Immpact, is presenting at the International Young Scotland Programme taking place near Edinburgh between June 4 and 7
The event is viewed as being a “positive recognition of the increasingly vital contribution being made by people from overseas to Scotland's proudly diverse and multicultural society.”
Lovney said: "I was delighted to be selected for the International Young Scotland Programme and I look forward to giving my presentation on how non communicable diseases and conditions – or NCDs - are arguably becoming the biggest challenge facing maternity care in both high and transitional middle income countries. NCDs are a global epidemic accounting for 63% of all mortality worldwide."
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018