We're launching a new teams provisioning tool within Microsoft Teams that will make it easier for you to create new Teams in a guided and standardised manner.
When can I start using the provisioning tool?
From Monday 15 March, you will be able to create a team using the new tool.
Where is the provisioning tool?
The tool will appear as a new app – New Team – in the app bar on the left of the main Teams window.
Note: As part of the provisioning tool roll out, any additional apps you may have pinned to your app bar will be removed and will need to be repinned.
How do I use it?
Click New Team on the app bar
On the Welcome screen, click New Team again:
The provisioning tool’s intuitive interface makes it easy to create a Team that meets your requirements.
- Simply select the type of Team you want to create.
- Click on an Team icon to read a description of each type – this will help you select the Team that best meets your requirements.
- Complete the mandatory form fields, and click Next.
- On the next screen, use the Search to add Members and Owners as required, and click Next.
- Finally review your choices.
- Go Back if you need to make changes.
- Finally, when you’re ready, click Submit to create your Team.
- You will see an acknowledgement on screen.
- Your Team can take up to 30 minutes to appear in the Teams menu.
Why do we need this new tool?
With the rapid increase in the number of Teams across the University, this new method of creating a Team will provide a more streamlined and standardised process. Information captured in the mandatory form fields will make it easier to manage University Teams going forward.
Author: SharePoint/CRM Team, DDIS