An out of office message which can be used by colleagues to signpost students to support over the Christmas break.
Thank you for your email. The University of Aberdeen will be closed from 5pm on the 21st of December for the winter break, until 6th of January 2021 and we will respond to your email as soon as possible after that date. In the meantime, please see below for information and key sources of support over the winter break.
We hope you enjoy a safe and restful winter break. Check out our Winter Wellbeing toolkit which includes information on how you can connect with others during the break.
If you find yourself impacted by coronavirus over the winter break, please contact email@example.com You can also find out more about the support available at https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/support/isolation-toolkit.php
Please remember to follow the Scottish Government guidance, to keep you and those around you as safe as possible.
If you are joining us as a student in January and are looking for information on the registration process or arriving in Aberdeen, please keep checking your emails, as we send you all the information you need before you arrive. You can also find answers to any questions you have using these links:
- New student page: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/new-students/
- Registration / paying fees: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/new-students/registration.php
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) information: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/coronavirus/academic-session-20-21.php
- Download the UoA Student Guide: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/students/new-students/essential-guides.php
- Quarantine requirements: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/overview/
- Information for international students: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/international/
- Offer Holder information: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/offer-holder-information-3355.php
- Accommodation FAQs: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/faq/index.php
- Prospectus: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/
If you can’t find what you’re looking for and need urgent support completing your Registration or ahead of your arrival in Aberdeen, we would recommend that you email Infohub (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Infohub team will be monitoring emails over the holidays but the service fully resumes on the 6th January.
If you have questions about student accommodation, please email the accommodation team (email@example.com) who will also return on 6th January.
The new University of Aberdeen Student Helpline has been launched. The Helpline offers free in the moment counselling or consumer advice for students when the University support services are closed.
• from 5pm to 9am Monday to Friday
• 24 hours a day during weekends and during holidays