Following the departure of the UK from the EU on January 1, non-document courier shipments to all overseas addresses should be accompanied by a courier request form providing essential information.
The courier request form is available here.
Please provide the following information:
- Name and department of sender
- Name, full street address, telephone number and e-mail address of recipient.
Please note that couriers cannot deliver to PO boxes
- Finance code for shipping costs to be charged to
- Full, detailed and exact description of what’s being sent
- Value per item of what's being sent. If being sent free of charge an approximation will suffice, but a value must be given for customs purposes
- Reason for sending (e.g. gift, for research purposes, item sold, etc)
- Please note that books and magazines are regarded as non-document. For anything other than a few sheets of paper, it's best to give as much information as possible and let the mailroom decide.
- Please note that this applies to all non-document shipments going abroad. For shipments within the United Kingdom please provide items 1 to 4.