Over 1,770 have already registered for the new Self-Service Password Reset - SSPR, meaning that if you forget your personal IT account password, or if you need to change it because your account has been compromised, you can reset it yourself!
On 22 August, we rolled out the new password reset service – SSPR – to staff. Students have been using SSPR for over two years.
Our stats show that so far, over 1,770 of you have registered which means some of you may already have benefited from the new service.
So, if you haven’t registered yet, we strongly encourage you to do so.
Why you should register for SSPR
- It allows you to reset your personal IT account password yourself – there is no need to contact the IT Service Desk. All you need is an internet connection.
- It is available 24/7 via your desktop or mobile device.
- It is fully automated and instantaneous.
- It offers password synchronization. Reset your password once using SSPR and the change is automatically propagated across other University systems. (Please allow up to 30 minutes for full synchronisation.)
- It offers two authentication method options – mobile phone number or alternative email address. Choose the option that’s most convenient for you. Or both!
What happens if you don’t register?
If you don’t register for SSPR, you will have to visit the IT Service Desk in person to reset your password. You will need to have your University staff ID card with you.
How to register
You can register for the service now at www.abdn.ac.uk/password-reset-reg/. It should take you less than 5 minutes.
You will also be prompted to register every time you sign into an Office 365 application such as SharePoint or OWA. Once you have registered, you will no longer see the prompt.
Need help registering?
Whichever method you choose, simply follow the onscreen instructions, or consult our Password Management user guide.
Author: Digital and Information Services