We are beginning to look at classroom software provision for academic year 2017/18 and would like you to let us know what your software or upgrade requirements are.
This summer, we will be deploying Windows 10 64-bit in all IT Services managed student classrooms and on Lecture Theatre PCs.
- Please be aware that as Windows 10 is a new operating system for the classrooms, there may be compatibility issues with older versions of some software. We therefore need you to let us know as soon as possible of your requirements to ensure full testing is carried out prior to rollout.
We will be upgrading to Microsoft Office 2016 and will retain Internet Explorer 11 as the default browser.
For details of the current departmental software lists, see:
What should you do?
Please review these lists. Let us know if you still require the software listed, or if there are any new applications you need for the next academic year. Contact us at email@example.com.
This year the PC rollout will begin in July, so it is essential we receive your response before 16 June to ensure inclusion on the build.
You will find details of proposed upgrades to software maintained by IT Services, at www.abdn.ac.uk/it/documents/proposed.pdf. Please let us know if you have any comments on what is proposed.
Please remember that classroom software must be licensed for concurrent use. If you have any queries regarding licensing within the classroom environment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018