The Aberdeen Dental School has had its sufficiency status confirmed by the General Dental Council.
Sufficiency is a 'seal of approval' from the GDC, as it officially approves the Dental School's programme to train dentists and graduates can subsequently apply to join the GDC Register.
Professor Richard Ibbetson, Director of Dentistry, was delighted to receive the confirmation.
He said: "The recognition of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme in Aberdeen is the culmination of eight years of hard work by the dedicated staff team at Aberdeen Dental School and Hospital, together with the sustained support of the Institute for Education in Medical and Dental Sciences.
"Formal recognition allows the Dental School to move forward with its ambitious plans to develop the BDS degree programme further and also to add a portfolio of taught postgraduate programmes from 2018.
"These developments together with an expansion in research activity mean that the school is well-placed to serve the needs of Scotland and the rest of the UK."
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018