We are changing the way we deal with SPAM email.
What is happening?
From 15 February 2017, all email arriving in your Inbox that our mail filters flag as **SPAM** will be redirected automatically to your Outlook Junk Email folder.
Do I need to do anything?
It is important that you check your Junk Email folder every day to check for legitimate messages that may have been incorrectly classified as spam.
You may like to add the Junk Email folder to your Favorites so that it appears at the top of your folder list – making it easier for you to monitor. Simply right-click on the Junk Email folder and select Show in Favorites from the pop-up menu.
What if I find a legitimate message in the Junk Mail folder?
Messages in the Junk Email folder are converted to plain text – links and other functionality are disabled. If you spot a message that you know absolutely is not spam and you want to act on it, drag it to your Inbox, or right-click on it and select Move > Inbox from the pop-up menu. If in any doubt about any message’s authenticity, delete it.
For more information about SPAM and Phishing, see our user guides in Learners’ Toolkit:
- Dealing with Junk Mail and SPAM (includes link to list of blocked file extensions)
- Protecting yourself from Phishing Scams
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018