Professor Marion Campbell is leading a short term working group on the way in which the University of Aberdeen supports interdisciplinary research.
We have a strong track history on interdisciplinary research, and indications from research funders are that interdisciplinary approaches will be required for major funding calls such as the RCUK Global Challenges Fund and encouraged through the next Research Excellence Framework. The working group has met several times and has discussed advantages and barriers to interdisciplinary working and considered possible mechanisms for incentivisation. The Group is expected to report back to senior management before the end of the year.
The Group would like to hear from the wider research community what measures would be helpful to support interdisciplinary working, particularly in the light of recent organisational change. We have arranged three evidence sessions:
Tuesday, 15 November, 2.30-3.30pm, Meeting Room 1, Sir Duncan Rice Library, Old Aberdeen
Wednesday, 16 November, 10.30-11.30am, Level 7 Meeting Room, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill
Thursday, 17 November, 12.30-1.30pm, KQ05 Auditorium, King’s Quad, Old Aberdeen
All staff are invited – researchers as well as those who support research. If you would like to attend email Liza Young. If you are unable to attend but would like to contribute, please contact Liza Young for an appointment or contact Professor Marion Campbell.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018