Recent developments in the University's data storage and archiving solutions bring significant benefits to researchers.
New Data storage system
We have revised data storage costs to take full advantage of the increased capacity offered by our new data storage system.
- We have increased the allocation of free storage from 2 to 3TB per Principal Investigator where no funding is available.
- We are offering managed data storage at a reduced cost of £500 per TB, per annum.
New Archive service
We can offer long-term archive storage at £50 per TB, per annum. We can also provide a higher level curated service (e.g. re-versioning of files to counter obsolescence) giving your research data a longer shelf life, if required.
We have contracted Arkivum to provide us with a cost efficient, secure, and managed archive solution. Arkivum gives us a low-cost solution to the long-term retention of huge volumes of data, keeping it safe until you need it, e.g. for funder review, audit, future projects, etc.
This well-respected external supplier is used by a number of UK universities and is supported by JISC.
If you have any queries about data storage and archiving, please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018