The Friends of Aberdeen University Library are inviting applications for Collection Development Awards of up to £1000.
These awards are being offered for the purchase of print materials in any subject area relating to a field of taught undergraduate or postgraduate study or current postgraduate research. Members of staff on full time and part time academic contracts (teaching or research) at the University of Aberdeen are eligible to apply.
The awards are intended to support current areas of teaching, new degree programmes, new courses on existing programmes, and current PhD projects. They can also be used to strengthen areas where we have strong collections but may have developed gaps in runs of multi-volume editions, especially of primary sources, such as letters, diaries, collected works and anthologies. They are intended to purchase materials which cannot be included in normal School Library allocations.
Applications forms can be downloaded here.
Applications should include a description of the materials to be purchased, an estimate of prices, and an explanation of how this purchase will support the relevant programme, course or PhD project, or of how it will enhance the Library collections.
Please send your completed form to Emma Fowlie, Secretary of the Friends of Aberdeen University Library by Thursday 1 December 2016.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018