IT Services will begin shortly to remove all non-contracted printers, often known as desktop printers, from across campus. Where legitimate need for a desktop device exists, a new, contracted and managed Konica Minolta printer will be supplied.
Do I need to do anything?
If you believe you have a need for a device at your desk, submit an Exception Request Form by Friday 3 March 2017. The form details the criteria for supplying a desktop device. Where there is a sound case for a desktop device, it will be replaced by a new managed and contracted Konica Minolta device.
What will happen to my non-contracted printer?
The University has an agreement with a local company to recycle all our printing equipment that is no longer required.
About Managed Print and Copy Services
The new managed Print and Copy Service from Konica Minolta brings an end to the use of non-contracted printers on campus. The managed print service is a highly secure, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly way of providing printing to our students, staff, and visitors. The service provides a much higher level of confidentiality than that of using non-contracted devices due to the requirement to log in with an ID card or user credentials at each device. Toner and paper supplies for printers are also included in the cost of the managed print service. Recent estimates show that the University could save around £100,000 per year with the removal of non-managed desktop printers.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018