The Careers Service supports students to prepare for their future through careers guidance and via offering an ambitious range of employability initiatives such as the STAR Award, Career Mentoring & the Leadership Academy. All initiatives are designed to help facilitate students to articulate their employability development and also enhance their wider university learning. Getting involved in co-curricular activities encourages students to gain new insights and extend their professional network; all of which can help with career decision-making and give students a head-start in the graduate careers market.
This academic year over 800 undergraduates and postgraduates expressed an interest in undertaking one of these three flagship co-curricular initiatives offered by the University’s Careers Service. Initiatives feature opportunities to interact with a range of organisations such as Elevator, FDM Group, Scottish Institute for Enterprise, Aberdeenshire City Council, AAB and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Scheduled employability workshops within these initiatives include sessions on: Innovation and Creative Thinking, Future Proofing Skills, Networking, Personal Branding, Time Management, Social Media and Leadership & Management.
Peter Fantom, Head of the Careers Service said: “Students who get involved in employability initiatives find it boosts their confidence levels, enhances their graduate attribute development and broadens their peer network.”
Personal Tutors interested in finding out more about the full range of employability initiatives the University Careers Service offers are encouraged to contact Dr Joy Perkins, Educational & Employability Development Adviser (email@example.com).
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018