The University's Careers Service hosts regular events with local organisations to showcase the placement and graduate opportunities available to our students. These range from careers fairs to more tailored events with specific employment sectors.
At a recent event the Careers Service invited 40 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to campus to look at new approaches to support our students’ employability.
The event provided a forum for organisations, careers staff and previous placement students to explore and discuss the range of available engagement opportunities with the University. These opportunities include micro-internships, Santander-subsidised SME internships, summer placements, work-based projects and dissertation projects.
Commenting on the event Dr Zac Hickman, Employer Engagement Co-ordinator at the University’s Careers Service said “Collaborating with SMEs is not a one size fits all approach. Efforts need to be targeted at organisations so that we support SMEs to enhance our students’ employability while also understanding the needs of businesses.”
Connecting SMEs with the University also helps the Careers Service to raise their profile and encourage our students and graduates to consider a broader range of available career options. For more information on how we can support your students’ employability, please contact Peter Fantom, Head of Careers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018