UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
The next meeting of the Undergraduate Committee will be held on Monday 17 September 2018 at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 2, University Office.
Julie Adamson, Undergraduate Committee Clerk
(Extn: 4105; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous Agendas
To be responsible to the UCTL for oversight of the undergraduate academic student experience. The Committee provides a forum to facilitate and encourage the development of appropriate strategy and also discusses and promotes relevant developments, whether internally driven or externally indicated.
Specifically the Undergraduate Committee will:
- Maintain an appropriate system of student academic and pastoral support.
- Maintain strategic oversight of the arrangements for the induction and transition of new entrants to the University.
- Support the work of the Careers Service in promoting activities to support employability and provide co-curricular opportunities for students.
- Develop and promote specific innovations, embracing new pedagogies and technologies, in support of the enhancement of the undergraduate experience.
- Consider and recommend approval for any specific developments or initiatives which could have substantial implications for University strategy or policy or for University level services and/or operations.
- Proactively engage with any high level issues or themes arising from the National Student Survey, the UK Engagement Survey, the International Student Barometer, and other relevant internal and external satisfaction surveys.
- Engage in horizon scanning to anticipate and prepare for new opportunities and likely future developments in undergraduate student education.
- Proactively monitor data in regard to student retention and recommend actions to be taken to enhance student retention.
- Undertake such other functions as may be referred to the Committee by the UCTL
- Composition & Membership
Conveners: Professor Alison Jenkinson
Clerk: Julie Adamson
Tel: 01224 274105
- The Committee will be convened by one of the two Deans of Undergraduate Studies to be appointed by the UCTL on a two year rotating basis.
- Deans of Undergraduate Studies (Convenors - Shared Role)
- Director of Teaching from each School (or nominee) as nomiated by Head of School
- Two representatives nominated by the President of the Students' Association
- Director of Academic Affairs (or nominee)
- Head of the Careers Service (or nominee)
- Head of the Centre for Academic Development (or nominee)
- Vacant (Dean of UG Studies)
- Professor A Jenkinson (Dean of UG Studies)
- Vacant (Psychology)
- Dr J Borg-Barthet
- Dr E Bain
- Professor A Denison
- Dr A Graham
- Dr W Harrison
- Dr G Hough
- Dr T Baker
- Professor WD McCausland
- Professor G McEwan
- Dr T Mighall
- Professor M Pinard
- Dr A Widfeldt
- Mrs D Connolly
- Vacant (AUSA Representative)
- Dr G Mackintosh
- Mr P Fantom
- Dr J Perkins
- Clerk: Julie Adamson (Registry)
The Committee will meet at least three times per year in advance of meetings of the UCTL. Additional meetings may be arranged, as required.
Meetings between 10am - 4pm in accordance with University Policy.
12 January 2018
12 March 2018
6 August 2018
Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Arts)
Professor Hazel Hutchison
Vacant (from Aug 18)
Present Present Dean of Undergraduate Studies (Science) Professor Alison Jenkinson Present Present Apologies School Representative (Biological Sciences) Professor Michelle Pinard Present Present Present School Representative (Business School) Professor David McCausland Present Present Apologies School Representative (Divinity, History & Philosophy) Dr Gerry Hough Present Apologies Present School Representative (Education)
Mrs Catriona MacDonald
Present Apologies School Representative (Education) Dr Archie Graham Present Apologies Present School Representative (Engineering) Dr Paul Davidson Present Apologies Apologies School Representative (Geosciences) Dr Tim Mighall Present Apologies Apologies School Representative (Language, Literature, Music & Visual Culture) Dr Tim Baker Present Apologies Present School Representative (Language, Literature, Music & Visual Culture) Dr Michelle Macleod Apologies Apologies School Representative (Law)
Dr Adelyn Wilson
Dr Justin Borg-Barthet (from Aug 18)
Present Apologies Present School Representative (Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition) Professor Gordon McEwan Present Present Apologies School Representative (Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition) Professor Alan Denison Present Present Apologies School Representative (Natural & Computing Sciences) Dr William Harrison Present Present Present School Representative (Psychology)
Dr Paul Bishop
Vacant (from Aug 18)
Apologies Present School Representative (Social Sciences) Dr Anders Widfelt Present Apologies Present Education Officer (Students' Association) Mrs Donna Connelly Apologies Apologies Present Students' Association Representative Miss Ilesha Ewart Apologies Apologies Students' Association Representative Miss Mihaela Leskovska Present Apologies Library Representative Mr Ewan Grant (from Aug 18) Present
Clerk (Registry Officer) Mrs Julie Adamson Represented by Mr Matthew Fullerton Present Present Centre for Academic Development Representative Dr Joy Perkins Apologies Apologies Apologies Head of the Careers Services
Mr Peter Fantom
Mrs Tracey Innes (from Aug 18)
Apologies Apologies Present Vice-Principal (Learning and Teaching) Professor Peter McGeorge Apologies Apologies Present