To be responsible to the UCTL for oversight of the undergraduate academic student experience. The Committee provides a forum to facilitate and encourage the development of appropriate strategy and also discusses and promotes relevant developments, whether internally driven or externally indicated.
Specifically the Undergraduate Committee will:
- Maintain an appropriate system of student academic and pastoral support.
- Maintain strategic oversight of the arrangements for the induction and transition of new entrants to the University.
- Support the work of the Careers Service in promoting activities to support employability and provide co-curricular opportunities for students.
- Develop and promote specific innovations, embracing new pedagogies and technologies, in support of the enhancement of the undergraduate experience.
- Consider and recommend approval for any specific developments or initiatives which could have substantial implications for University strategy or policy or for University level services and/or operations.
- Proactively engage with any high level issues or themes arising from the National Student Survey, the UK Engagement Survey, the International Student Barometer, and other relevant internal and external satisfaction surveys.
- Engage in horizon scanning to anticipate and prepare for new opportunities and likely future developments in undergraduate student education.
- Proactively monitor data in regard to student retention and recommend actions to be taken to enhance student retention.
- Undertake such other functions as may be referred to the Committee by the UCTL
- Composition & Membership
Convener: Professor Alison Jenkinson
Clerk: Julie Adamson
Tel: 01224 274105
- The Committee will be convened by one of the two Deans of Undergraduate Studies to be appointed by the UCTL on a two year rotating basis.
- Deans of Undergraduate Studies
- Director of Teaching from each School (or nominee) as nomiated by Head of School
- Two representatives nominated by the President of the Students' Association
- Director of Academic Affairs (or nominee)
- Head of the Careers Service (or nominee)
- Head of the Centre for Academic Development (or nominee)
- Professor A Jenkinson
- Professor H Hutchison
- Dr P Bishop
- Mrs J Bruce
- Dr J Cai
- Dr P Davidson
- Dr A Mackillop
- Dr A Graham
- Dr W Harrison
- Dr M Hole
- Professor G McEwan
- Dr T Baker
- Dr R Patey
- Professor M Pinard
- Dr A Widfeldt
- Mr L Fuller
- AUSA Rep
- Dr Gillian Mackintosh
- Mr P Fantom
- Dr J Perkins
- Clerk: Julie Adamson (Registry)
The Committee will meet at least three times per year in advance of meetings of the UCTL. Additional meetings may be arranged, as required.
- 12 March 2018
- 12 January 2018
- 27 October 2017