To provide strategic direction and oversight for the Partnership.
To ensure effective partnership delivery in compliance with the terms of the
partnership agreement and the licensing requirements of the Ministry of
Education & Higher Education, Qatar.
- the articulation of strategic objectives for the partnership;
- approval, monitoring and review of the partnership KPI framework
- and performance;
- consideration of the development of the partnership and
- contribution to the Qatar region;
- ensuring that appropriate resources are available for the
- operational delivery of the partnership;
- consideration of development opportunities for the partnership.
REPORTING LINE AND INTERFACE WITH OTHER COMMITTEES
Partners report to their respective governance bodies:
- UoA Court and Senate
- AFG Educational Holdings and Trustee Board.
Interface with other committees:
- Provides executive authority to the Partnership Management Group to manage the operational aspects of the Partnership.
FREQUENCY AND TIMING OF MEETINGS
Three times per year – either online or in-person. In-person meetings should alternate between campuses.
The timings of meetings will take account of the different time zones and will be conducted at an appropriate time consistent with respective normal business hours.
- Composition & Membership
COMPOSITION AND MEMBERSHIP
Co-Chairs : George Boyne and Sheikha Aisha Bint Al-Thani
Clerk : Dr Stephen Hill
Principal (Co-chair responsibilities may be delegated
if unavailable to the Senior Vice-Principal).
Chairperson of AFG
Sheikha Aisha Bint Al-Thani
Principal of AFG College
Vice-Principal Global Student Recruitment (UoA)
Qatar Ministry of Education and Higher Education Representative
University Secretary (UoA)
Senior Vice Principal UoA (if not acting as co-chair)
Any other appropriate UoA or AFG representative(s) as may be required.
In attendance: With the agreement of the Chair, other staff, students or stakeholders, as required.
Quorum: 50% of formal membership (including Chair)
ACCOUNT TO BE TAKEN OF EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY IN MEMBERSHIP