To be responsible to the UCTL for oversight of the postgraduate academic student experience. The Committee provides an inter-School forum to facilitate and encourage the development of appropriate strategy and also discusses and promotes relevant developments, whether internally driven or externally indicated. Specifically the Postgraduate Committee (Taught) will:
- Discuss, formulate and promote strategic initiatives that enhance the recruitment of postgraduates and which contribute to and support attainment of the University's objectives.
- Offer strategic advice on the University's provision of postgraduate programmes in order to support continued growth and development and to maintain an appropriate system of student academic and pastoral support.
- Support the creation and development of a high level skills and employability training framework for postgraduate taught students.
- Develop and promote specific innovations, embracing new pedagogies and technologies, in support of the enhancement of the postgraduate experience.
- Consider and recommend approval for any specific developments or initiatives which could have substantial implications for University strategy or policy or for University level services and/or operations.
- Proactively engage with any high level issues or themes arising from the Postgraduate Taught and Research Experience Survey, the International Student Barometer, and other relevant internal and external satisfaction surveys.
- Engage in horizon scanning to anticipate and prepare for new opportunities and likely future developments in postgraduate student education.
- Undertake such other functions as may be referred to the Committee by the UCTL.
- Composition & Membership
Convener: Professor C Kee
Clerk: Mr Robert Findlay
Tel: 01224 273631
- The Committee will be convened by a Dean for Postgraduate Studies to be appointed by the UCTL on a two year rotating basis
- Dean of Graduate School
- One member of academic staff nominated by Heads of School with responsibility for Postgraduate Matters
- Two representatives nominated by the President of the Students' Association
Membership for 2016/17
- Dr M Ehrenschwendtner
- Professor C Kee
- Dr A Kindness
- Dr A Bryzgel
- Dr D Maccallum
- Professor J Masthoff
- Dr A McKinnon
- Dr D Muirhead
- Profesor J Nelson
- Ms S Paterson
- Professor E Pavlovskaia
- Dr M Bodig
- Dr D M Sutherland
- Mr R Williams
- Dr S Woodin
- AUSA Rep
- AUSA Rep
- Director of Academic Affairs (or nominee)
- Head of the Centre for Academic Developmemt (or nominee)
Mr R Findlay (Clerk)
The Committee will meet at least three times per year in advance of meetings of the UCTL. Additional meetings may be arranged, as required.
- 16 March 2018
- 8 January 2018
- 1 November 2017