POSTGRADUATE COMMITTEE (TAUGHT)
A meeting of the Postgraduate Taught Committee will be held on Thursday 10 December 2020 at 2.00 pm via Microsoft Teams..
Robert Findlay, Postgraduate Committee (Taught) Clerk
(Extn: 3631; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Approval of the minute of the Committee meeting held on 23 October 2020 (PGT/101220/001)
2. Matters Arising 3. Policy on Inclusion and Accessibility in Education (PGT/101220/002) This paper introduces a proposed policy on Inclusion and Accessibility in Education and sets out plans for future activity. The Committee is asked to comment on the proposed policy, paper and plans and, as appropriate, approve them. 4. AOCB
5. Regulatory Changes 2021/22 The Committee are invited to note that regulatory changes for 2021/22 will be considered by the Quality Assurance Committee on 1 February 2021, with final approval to be given at Senate on 17 March 2021. Committee members should contact the Clerk for PGTC if they have any changes to regulations that they wish to be considered. 6. Senate The Committee are invited to view the agenda for the meeting of Senate to be held on 2 December 2020, including minutes detailing decisions made at the previous meetings: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/governance/senate/index.php. 7. Date of Next Meeting Members are asked to note that the next meeting of the Committee will take place at 2 pm on Thursday, 4 February 2021.
- Previous Agendas
To be responsible to the UCTL for oversight of the postgraduate taught academic student experience. The Committee provides an inter-School forum to facilitate and encourage the development of appropriate strategy and also discusses and promotes relevant developments, whether internally driven or externally indicated. Specifically the Postgraduate Committee (Taught) will:
- Discuss, formulate and promote strategic initiatives that enhance the recruitment of taught postgraduates and which contribute to and support attainment of the University's objectives.
- Offer strategic advice on the University's provision of taught postgraduate programmes in order to support continued growth and development and to maintain an appropriate system of student academic and pastoral support.
- Support the creation and development of a high level skills and employability training framework for postgraduate taught students.
- Develop and promote specific innovations, embracing new pedagogies and technologies, in support of the enhancement of the taught postgraduate experience.
- Consider and recommend approval for any specific developments or initiatives which could have substantial implications for University strategy or policy or for University level services and/or operations.
- Proactively engage with any high level issues or themes arising from any relevant internal and external student satisfaction surveys.
- Engage in horizon scanning to anticipate and prepare for new opportunities and likely future developments in taught postgraduate student education.
- Undertake such other functions as may be referred to the Committee by the UCTL.
- Composition & Membership
Chair: Kirsty Kiezebrink
Clerk: Robert Findlay
Tel: 01224 273631
Convener and Adminstrative Support Area
- Convener: The Committee will be convened by a Dean to be appointed by the UCTL
- Clerk: Directorate of Academic and Student Affairs (Registry)
- Dean (Convenor)
- Dean of Postgraduate Research School
- One member of academic staff nominated by Heads of School with responsibility for Postgraduate Matters
- Two representatives nominated by the President of the Students' Association
Membership for 2019/20
- Kirsty Kiezebrink
- Graeme Nixon
- Sarah Woodin
- Allan Sim
- Phil Ziegler
- Sandra Paterson
- Peter Hicks
- David Green
- Amy Bryzgel
- Anne-Michelle Slater
- Donna Maccallum
- Sandie Cleland
- Robert Wishart
- Dariya Koleva (AUSA Rep)
- tbc (AUSA Rep)
- Director of Academic Affairs (or nominee)
- Head of the Centre for Academic Development (or nominee)
- Natalie Kinchin-Williams (IT Representative)
- Janet MacKay (Library Representative)
- Robert Findlay (Clerk)
The Committee will meet at least three times per year in advance of meetings of the UCTL. Additional meetings may be arranged, as required.
Postgraduate Committee (Taught)
23 October 2020
10 December 2020
Present Present Dean of Graduate School
Apologies Apologies School Representative (Biological Sciences) Sarah Woodin Present Present School Representative (Business School)
Present Present School Representative (Divinity, History & Philosophy)
Present Present School Representative (Education) Yvonne Bain Present Present School Representative (Education) Dean Robson Present Present School Representative (Engineering)
Apologies Apologies School Representative (Geosciences) David Green Present Present School Representative (Language, Literature, Music & Visual Culture) Amy Bryzgel Present Present School Representative (Law) Anne-Michelle Slater Apologies Present School Representative (Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition) Donna Maccallum Present Present School Representative (Natural & Computing Sciences)
Present - School Representative (Psychology)
Present Present School Representative (Social Sciences) Robert Wishart Present Present Students' Association Representative
Apologies Present Students' Association Representative Laura Ong Present Present Library Representative Janet MacKay Present Present
Clerk (Registry Officer) Roberty Findlay Present Present Centre for Academic Development Colin Calder Apologies Apologies IT Relationship Manager Natalie Kinchin-Williams Apologies Apologies Minute Secretary (from December 2019) Kerry Harrision Present Present