The MTS/IEEE Oceans'17 conference will return to Aberdeen in June 2017 and covers all aspects of Oceanic Science, Technology and Engineering.
The fact that this is the second time that Aberdeen will host the conference highlights the importance of the oceanic industry in the region. There are a wide range of areas covered at the event, however local featured topics are:
- Subsea Engineering and Subsea Operations
- Subsea Optical Sensing, Imaging and Instrumentation
- Deployment of Subsea Capabilities in other Sectors (e.g. Subsea Mining)
- Emerging Technologies for IRM
- Fisheries & Aquaculture
- Decommissioning and Salvage
- Marine Renewables (offshore wind, wave, and tidal)
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles in Defence Applications
Over 700 high quality abstracts were submitted which should make for an informative and enjoyable technical programme.
The conference also incorporates an exhibition featuring 50 exhibitors and a Scottish Enterprise showcase area - allowing new technologies to be demonstated.