Edinburgh, Museum of Science and Art

Biography: The Edinburgh Museum of Science and Art opened in Chambers Street in 1866, being renamed the Royal Scottish Museum in 1904. Much of its collections initially came from the University of Edinburgh. In 1985, it merged with the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland, although they retained separate buildings until 1995. The new Museum of Scotland was opened alongside the Royal Museum in 1998, and the two museums were formally merged in 2006 to create the National Museum of Scotland. The museum was extensively refurbished from 2008-11.

Biography References: NMS, accessed 25th Sept 2014

Book List

Items 1 Ordered by Title, Z - A