St. Omer Jesuit College

Biography: Founded 1593 by Friar Robert Persons. Moved to Bruges 1762 after the King of France expelled Jesuits, known as Bruges College. Moved to Liege 1773, after worldwide suppression of Jesuits by the Pope. Moved to Stonyhurst, Lancashire, 1794, after being besieged by the French Revolutionary Army. Now known as Stonyhurst College.

Biography References: LOC;


Book List

Items 1 Ordered by Owner, A-Z