St. Andrews, Dominican Monastery (Blackfriars)

Biography: Dominican Friars. Probably founded mid- fifteenth century. Expanded from 2 to 5 brothers in 1510. Destroyed by fire by Norman Lesley 1547; Destroyed by Reformers 14 June 1599.
dissolved or secularised 1567, granted to the municipality of St Andrews by Queen Mary 17 April 1567

Biography Date: c.1450-1567

Biography References: Cowan and Easson, p. 119-120


Book List

Items 3 Ordered by Owner, A-Z