Appointed Lecturer in Nordic Politics at the University of Aberdeen in 1996, Dr. Widfeldt was previously with the Department of Political Science, Göteborg University, Sweden. He obtained his doctoral degree in 1997, with a study on party membership in Sweden.
political parties, party organisations, Nordic politics and the European Extreme Right.
Page 1 of 5 Results 1 to 10 of 42
- Widfeldt, A 2018, 'Sweden: Political development and data for 2017', European Journal of Political Research, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 277-283. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/2047-8852.12198
- Widfeldt, A 2018, The Growth of the Radical Right in Nordic Countries: Observations from the Past 20 Years. Migration Policy Institute, Washington DC.
- Widfeldt, A 2018, The Radical Right in the Nordic Countries. in J Rydgren (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of the Radical Right., 27, Oxford University Press, New York City, pp. 545-564.
- Widfeldt, A & Brandenburg, H 2018, 'What Kind of Party Is the UK Independence Party? The Future of the Extreme Right in Britain or Just Another Tory Party?', Political Studies, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 577-600. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0032321717723509
- Widfeldt, A 2018, “Högerpopulism – hot eller bot för demokratin?”. in K Barrling & S Holmberg (eds), Demokratins Framtid. Sveriges Riksdag, Stockholm, pp. 159-190.
- Widfeldt, A 2017, Sweden: From deviant case to populist radical right hotbed? in P Odmalm & E Hepburn (eds), The European Mainstream and the Populist Radical Right. Europa Regional Perspectives, Taylor and Francis AS, pp. 130-152. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315199757
- Widfeldt, A 2016, 'Populist parties in Europe: agents of discontent?', West European Politics, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 907-908. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01402382.2016.1166737
- Widfeldt, A 2015, Extreme right parties in Scandinavia. Routledge, Abingdon.
- Cairney, P & Widfeldt, A 2015, 'Is Scotland a Westminster-style Majoritarian Democracy or a Scandinavian-style Consensus Democracy? A Comparison of Scotland, the UK and Sweden', Regional and Federal Studies, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1-18. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13597566.2014.958818
- Widfeldt, A 2015, 'Tensions beneath the surface: The Swedish mainstream parties and the immigration issue', Acta Politica, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 399-416. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/ap.2014.27