New Kings Studentship
The School of Language, Literature, Music and Visual Culture is pleased to offer open-topic full-time PhD studentships. The LLMVC New Kings Studentships comprise a fee waiver plus an annual stipend of £6000 for 3 years of supervised study. Any applicants are eligible to apply regardless of their nationality, but they should commence their PhD project in the academic year 2022-23 (between September 2022 and August 2023). The successful applicants are expected to conduct their research on campus.
Selection will be based on the strength of the proposed project, its fit with the research specialisms of the school, and the academic track record of the applicant. There will be up to three scholarships available, and one of them may be considered for international applications. You can find more information about the disciplines within the School and their research strengths as well as links to the Postgraduate Research at the University of Aberdeen. Applicants are welcome to contact potential supervisors to discuss potential projects.
- To apply for the New Kings Studentship, you should first submit your PhD application via the University’s PhD Application Portal. Only those who have successfully applied for our PhD programme and have received their offer will be considered for the scholarship.
- Current PhD students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- You can apply for a New Kings Studentship at the same time as your PhD programme. However, considering that the review process for your PhD Application can take up to four to six weeks, you need to make sure to submit your PhD application by 13 May 2022 at the latest.
- Please make sure to submit all the materials that your PhD application process requires you to submit in time. Most importantly, you need to include a detailed project proposal (1000-1500 words), degree transcripts and certificates, and two academic references (or one academic reference if you have studied with us before or are currently on a masters programme at Aberdeen) when you submit your PhD application.
- Once you have submitted your PhD application, you also need to fill out the online New Kings Scholarship application.
- Two Deadlines;
- The deadline for submitting your PhD application to the University Application portal to be considered for the New Kings Scholarship: 13 May 2022.
- The deadline for completing the New Kings Scholarship Online Application: 3 June 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified by 30 June 2022 and applicants will be expected to submit a SGSAH funding application during year 1. They will receive appropriate support and guidance in preparing this application.
For more information, please contact Dr Julia Kotzur, School Administration Coordinator (email@example.com)