The College of Arts and Social Sciences of the University of Aberdeen offers a limited number of awards to assist with fees.

Further information is available from the CASS website.

A good source of information on funding is the Grants Register, published by Macmillan and available at most good libraries. The main sources of grants available to students include:

Arts and Humanities Postgraduate Studentships

Information describing AHRC award available for postgraduate students can be found on the AHRC website or requestd from:

The Postgraduate Awards Division

Polaris House
North Star Avenue

Telephone: +44 (0) 1793 41 6000


Overseas Studentships

There are a number of awards available to students from overseas who wish to take higher degrees in Britain. Information about these can be obtained from your nearest British Council Office, or Commonwealth Scholarship Agency.

International Students

The University's International Office seeks to assist and welcome overseas students. Do contact them for information and advice on studying in Aberdeen, including help in finding accommodation. They offer a number of useful booklets, including the 'International Students Handbook'.

International Office
Student Recruitment Services
University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen AB24 3FX
United Kingdom