The School of Divinity, History and Philosophy is pleased to announce the award of the degree of Doctor of Divinity, honoris causa, to Professor Stanley Hauerwas.
Dr Michael Mawson (Lecturer in Theological Ethics) delivered the laureation address and noted the significant impact that Professor Hauerwas has had on staff and students at the University of Aberdeen:
"Professor Hauerwas is the most important theological ethicist of the last forty years. Indeed, he stands among the most important public intellectuals of our time. Having written and edited over fifty books on a wide range of topics, he has decisively shaped the nature and direction of modern theology. His work continues to be read and discussed by theologians, by pastors and Christians, by political theorists and activists, ethicists, and by many others seeking to understand and engage the challenges of modern life."
We wish to thank Professor Hauerwas for the invaluable research and supervision he has undertaken and extend our sincere congratulations on this prestigious award.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2013
- Feb There are no items for February 2013
- Mar There are no items for March 2013
- Apr There are no items for April 2013
- Jul There are no items for July 2013
- Sep There are no items for September 2013
- Nov There are no items for November 2013
- Dec There are no items for December 2013