The School of Divinity, History and Philosophy is pleased to announce that Dr Paula Sweeney has been appointed as new Head of School and is taking up her post from the 1st of August.
Paula arrived at the University of Aberdeen in 2009, after completing her PhD at the University of St Andrews. Her first position was as Research and Operations Officer at the Northern Institute of Philosophy. In 2012 she was appointed as a Lecturer in Philosophy. She took on the role of Deputy Head of the School of Divinity, History and Philosophy in 2014 and was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2016.
Her research interests are in Philosophy of Language and Philosophy of time and--in particular--around questions concerning time and emotion.
The School wishes to express its gratitude to the outgoing Head of School, Professor John Morrison, for his service over the past five years. We wish all the best to Dr Sweeney as she begins her new role, and look forward to working with her in the years to come.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Feb There are no items for February 2017
- Mar There are no items for March 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- Jun There are no items for June 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017