We need volunteers to help us study genetic variations in sweet taste receptors and the consumption of sugar sweetened beverages (SSBs)
- Healthy people (non-diabetic and not pregnant)
- Aged 18 years plus, living in Aberdeen city or Aberdeenshire
What you’ll be required to do:
- Visit the Rowett Institute on one occasion for 4 hours
- Complete a questionnaire, provide blood and urine samples and have your body composition measured.
- Conduct a test to determine your perception of drinks with different sweetness concentrations.
Each volunteer will receive £30 for taking part in the study. Wi-Fi and free snacks will be provided (hot drinks and healthy snacks). Information you provide will be confidential.
Download the participant information sheet pdf
Find out how we will make volunteer visits COVID secure