To maximise the safety of volunteers and staff there are several measures in place including:
- A COVID screening questionnaire will be completed over the phone the day before the visit and on arrival at the HNU to ensure people attending the Institute are not displaying COVID symptoms.
- Minimising the number of people within the department during the visit. For this reason, we ask volunteers not to bring anyone with them.
- We ask volunteers to arrive at their allocated time as there is not a facility to wait inside and would need to wait outside or in their car.
- Volunteers will have their temperature checked on arrival.
- Volunteers will be provided with a mask and ask it is worn for the duration of the visit.
- Staff will wear a face mask at all times and full PPE during any clinical procedure.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers are provided throughout the HNU and ask everyone sanitises their hands on arrival and throughout their visit to prevent cross contamination.
- Routes around the HNU and health and safety requirements are clearly displayed.