TEMA (Trace Elements in Man and Animals)
TEMA (Trace Elements in Man and Animals) symposia aim to provide:
- A forum in which recent progress in studies on the molecular biology, metabolism and functional roles of trace elements can be discussed and
- To provide an opportunity for an exchange of ideas between workers investigating these fundamental aspects of the biological function of trace elements and those whose task is to apply their findings to the field of nutrition, human or veterinary medicine, agriculture, biology, ecology and protection of the environment.
The symposia cover diverse topics related to man and animals but including for example, model systems (e.g. micro-organisms) and trace metals in edible plants and products. TEMA is not traditionally a forum for plant metallobiochemistry or molecular biology, but where parallel systems exist in animals, contributions may be of relevance and interest to other symposia delegates.
Conference photos from TEMA meetings over the years can be viewed here
TEMA History and Past Events
TEMA Committee and Minutes
- TEMA Committee
Prof. Xingen Lei
Cornell University, Department of Animal Science, New York, USA.
Prof. John H. Beattie, Rowett Institute, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK.
- Prof. Lothar Rink, Institute of Immunology, Aachen, Germany
- Prof. Manju Reddy, ISU Brain Initiative, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA
- Prof. Samir Samman, Department of Human Nutrition, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Prof. Miguel Arredondo, University of Chile Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Prof. Anatoly Skalny, Centre for Biotic Medicine, Moscow, Russia
- TEMA Committee Meeting Minutes
- Related Links
- ISTERH, International Society for Trace Elements in Humans
- FESTEM, Federation of European Societies on Trace Elements and Minerals
- AISETOV, Associazione Italiana per lo studio degli elementi in traccia negli organismi viventi
- GMS, Gesellschaft fur mineralstoffe und spurenelemente
- SFERETE, Société Francophone d'Etude et de Recherche sur les Eléments Toxiques et Essentiels
- SEQC, Sociedad Española de biochímica clínica y patología molecular
- RUSTEM, Russian Society for Trace Elements in Medicine
- ISZB, International Society for Zinc Biology
- IZA, International Zinc Association
- ICA, International Copper Association
- Zinc-UK, Society of UK-based zinc biology researchers