Supporting research at the Rowett Institute, MMSN.
Working on multiple Scottish government funded (RESAS) programs into healthy, sustainable diets and how diets can be improved at the individual and policy level.
We have developed a database of the greenhouse gas emissions of foods in the NDNS nutrientbank which is available for anyone to use.
The GHGE database has been incorporated into a tool to suggest food swaps to make individual shopping lists greener, healthier, and more affordable. https://sefari.scot/blog/2020/02/04/innovative-new-tool-food-swapping-for-healthier-and-more-sustainable-diets
- how sustainable diets can be communicated to consumers
- the dietary behaviour of people with better dietary habits than their peers
- strategies to reduce sugar consumption
- primary producer networks in Scotland
Working for Dr David Watts.
Assessment, teaching and supporting colleagues teaching on MSc in Human Nutrition.
Teaching on the Sixth Century courses Worlds of Food SX3505 and Mind Machine SX1006.
- Further Info
Member of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 1 of 1
- Slater, RL, Chalmers, NG & Craig, LCA 2019, 'Greenhouse gas emissions of UK diets', Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, vol. 78, no. OCE2, E65. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0029665119000910