Berta Vizcarra Mir - Overview on the MARIE SKLODOWSKA-CURIE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION STAFF EXCHANGE (RISE)
Chair: Prof John Beattie
The RISE scheme will promote international and inter-sector collaboration through research and innovation staff exchanges, and sharing of knowledge and ideas from research to market (and vice-versa).
The scheme fosters a shared culture of research and innovation that welcomes and rewards creativity and entrepreneurship and helps to turn creative ideas into innovative products, services or processes.
At staff member level:
- Increased set of skills, both research-related and transferable ones, leading to improved employability and career prospects both in and outside academia
- Increase in higher impact R&I output, more knowledge and ideas converted into products and services
- Greater contribution to the knowledge-based economy and society
At organisation level:
- Enhanced cooperation and transfer of knowledge between sectors and disciplines
- Strengthening of international and intersectoral collaborative networks
- Boosting of R&I capacity among participating organisations
At system level:
- Increase in international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral mobility of researchers in Europe
- Strengthening of Europe's human capital base in R&I
- Increase in Europe's attractiveness as a leading destination for R&I
- Better quality R&I contributing to Europe's competitiveness and growth
- Berta Vizcarra Mir - Programme/Project Adviser European Commission - Research Executive Agency The H2020 MSCA RISE Programme
- Hosted by
- Rowett Institute
- The Rowett Institute
Dr Nigel Hoggard
Tel: 01224 438655
This is a technical seminar aimed at professional scientists. If you are not a University of Aberdeen staff member and would like to attend, please contact us.