The following is a list of suggested written report or essay titles designed for
students having studied the accompanying resource and using appropriate texts cited in
- The evolutionary significance of the Rhynie chert plants.
- The Rhynie hydrothermal system, origin, structure and geochemistry.
- The arthropod fauna of the Rhynie chert and its place in the record of
terrestrialisation of animals.
- Reconstructing the depositional environment of the Rhynie chert - use of
- Palaeoecology of the Early Devonian Rhynie ecosystem.
- The role of fungi in the Early Devonian Rhynie ecosystem.
- A comparison of the Rhynie chert biota with the biota of sites of