Smoke gets in your genes: Further dangers of smoking while pregnant revealed by new study
Smoking while pregnant causes chemical changes to the DNA of a foetus detectable from as early as 12 weeks and may predispose children born to smokers to a range of health conditions which last throughout life, new research by Scottish academics has revealed.
Aberdeen academic becomes first Scotland-based researcher to receive prestigious fellowship
Dr Margaret Watson, a senior research fellow at the University of Aberdeen, has been awarded a prestigious Health Foundation Improvement Science Fellowship.
Scientists identify key control for blood glucose levels which could improve diabetes treatment
For people suffering from diabetes, managing blood sugar can be like walking a tightrope - if too high they run the risk of serious long term complications such as blindness, kidney failure, limb gangrene and premature heart disease, but allow it to drop too low and it can lead to...
Antidepressants under the spotlight at University event
The evidence surrounding the effectiveness of antidepressant drugs will be discussed next week at the first in a new season of the University of Aberdeen's Café MED public talks.
Cool award for farming tool
The greenhouse gas calculator developed by University of Aberdeen researchers has scooped this year's hotly-contested 'Practice with Science' Award run by the Oxford Farming Conference.
Study Reveals New Challenges Faced By MS Patients
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) patients are less able to regulate their emotions and have a poorer quality of life than people who don't have the disease, according to research carried out at the University of Aberdeen.
Feeling the Pinch in January? Can Money Buy Happiness? Professor to Reveal How to Measure Wellbeing
Professor Enrico Giovannini, a world-leading expert in wellbeing research is to present his latest findings on how wellbeing should be measured
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2020
- May There are no items to show for May 2020
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020