Procurement Specialist, Finance (FIN102A)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Procurement Specialist sitting in the University’s Procurement Team within the Finance & Procurement Directorate.
Division: Finance & Procurement Services
Staff Category: Academic
Position Type: Full Time
Grade: Grade 6
Salary: £34,304 - £40,927
Ref No: FIN102A
Closing Date: 07-NOV-2021
This new role is to support the Head of Procurement & the Contracts Manager to manage and deliver an end-to-end professional procurement service across the University and more specifically within Estates & Facilities (E&F). To identify areas to add commercial benefits in whole life costing, as well as providing compliance with University Procurement policy, public procurement legislation & the World Trade Organisation - Government Procurement Agreement (GPA) and improve value and quality while minimising risk. And apply best practice supplier relationship and contract management techniques.
The post-holder will join a forward-thinking and supportive procurement team. As part of the wider Finance Directorate, we aim to deliver excellent procurement services to the University’s academic, teaching and research staff and our professional services colleagues.
The Key Responsibilities are as follows:
• To engage with key stakeholders in Schools and Directorates (more specifically within Estates & Facilities due to the typically high value & complex projects), to agree procurement priorities and deliver on the support and processes required to achieve these on time and within budget. This will include time-bound works programmes/projects, one-off equipment, goods and services acquisitions.
• To work closely within the Procurement Team to deliver a high-class procurement service and ensure that procurement processes are streamlined and facilitate compliance with University procurement policies & procedures and Public Contracts Regulations.
• To support procurement of complex and high value works, goods & services by providing professional sourcing advice and market intelligence, and execution of contract that maximise value for money, sustainability and ethical sourcing, and ensure supply chain resilience.
• Identify most appropriate Form of Contract and create & prepare contractual documents, with effective implementation of new agreements across the University, supporting stakeholders with appropriate training as required.
• To manage supplier performance against appropriate Key Performance Indicators, continually seeking service improvements and best value for money. Managing key supplier/client relationships.
• Represent the University on local, regional and national collaborative procurement working groups
Salary will be at the appropriate point on Grade 6, £33,797 - £40,323 per annum with placement according to qualifications and experience.
This role is based in the UK and as such the successful candidate will be required to live and work in the UK.
The candidate appointed to this post may be eligible for homeworking on an occasional or regular basis. For more information please refer to our Homeworking Policy.
This post does not meet the minimum requirements for visa sponsorship under the Skilled Worker Route. We are therefore unable to consider applicants for this post that require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Informal enquiries should be made to Mrs Helane Gannicliffe, Head of Procurement, e-mail: email@example.com or Leon Mouat, Contracts Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online for this position visit www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs
Job Reference Number: FIN102A
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 7 November 2021
The Directorate of Finance & Procurement embraces a diverse working environment and recognises the many benefits this can bring. Applications from individuals from across all of the equality protected characteristics are encouraged.