Last modified: 27 Feb 2018 10:57
The course aims to provide students with a broad ranging introduction to wide variety business and management topics which should enable them to perform more effectively as graduate engineers and more senior roles were they are likely to have broader ranging responsibilities.
The course is aimed primarily at undergraduate students studying for Engineering degree but available to others.
|Session||First Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
The course aims to provide a brief introduction to a variety of business and management topics.
The course will include the following topics
· Leadership, Teamwork and Motivation
· Supply Chain Management
· Organisational design
· Law (Contract and Competition)
· Intellectual Property & Licensing
· Human Resource Management (Recruitment and induction for a team leader’s perspective)
· Professional skills (Time Management, Presenting, Communicating, Negotiation)
Aimed at undergraduate Engineering students but available to all students.
This is the total time spent in lectures, tutorials and other class teaching.
1s Attempt: 1 three hour written examination (80%); continuous assessment (20%).
Resit: 1 three hour written examination.
Written assignment in small teams.
Feedback will be provided to students in written and/or verbal format as follows
· In response to questions and issues raised by students during lectures
· As part of group activities which take place during lectures
· During tutorials/Feedback sessions
· Following submission of summative and formative coursework
Students requiring feedback on exam performance should make an appointment during the scheduled feedback session which will be announced within 4 weeks of the publication of the exam results
In addition, any student or group of students may request feedback on any course related matter or assignment by arrangement with the course co-ordinator and/or individual contributors as appropriate.