Last modified: 27 Feb 2018 19:36
Borehole Geophysics provides critically important information about the subsurface through well logging and core analysis. This course will cover the fundamentals of Petrophysics and its use in the analysis of cores and geophysical well logs for reservoir characterisation and hydrocarbon assessment.
|Session||Second Sub Session||Credit Points||15 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)|
2. Formation Evaluation: geoelectrical properties
3. Resistivity borehole logging
4. Induction and SP logs
5. Porosity Logs: neutron and natural gamma ray
7. Magnetic Nuclear Resonance Logs
8. Image Logs and determination of lithology porosity
9. Rock physics - Gassman's Equation and AVO
10. Acoustic and Elastic Impedance inversion
11. Time lapse (4D) seismics
12. Fracture Analysis and seismic anistrophy
13. Vertical Seismic Profiles (VSP): field procedures, travel-time relationships
14. Pressure prediction
Sorry, we don't have that information available.
There are in-course exercises for formative feedback. The summative element consists of two exercises totalling 60% of the assessment, and an examination (40%) the exercises are: 1. a workbook recording practical work throughout the whole course (20%), and 2. an assigned exercise (40%). The examination will be by mulitple choice and will be computer marked.