Accountancy and Finance is a useful combination of subjects to help you prepare for a career in international finance, business, politics, media or many other sectors. You will gain a thorough grounding in the theory and practice of accountancy, set within the wider perspective of the principles of finance and how organisations operate within a fast-changing global economy.
You will gain a thorough understanding of accountancy and develop the analytical and evaluation skills required to process accounting information in a modern economy.
In Finance, you will learn about crucial areas such as financial management, corporate finance, personal finance, financial institutions, derivatives and the stock market. You will learn about financial problems and become adept in understanding and using information from financial newspapers and documents.
Your skills will develop in a dynamic learning and research environment, inspired by staff who are internationally known for their leading research in accountancy, finance, economics, and business management.
You will thrive in the dynamic environment of our Business School and will be supported by teaching staff who will help you develop as an individual and set you on the road to a brilliant career in business, or whichever path you choose.
Why this programme?
Accountancy and Finance is one of the most employable areas in the world, giving you the option to pursue a career in a small business, or a large multinational company. Upon graduating, both subjects will allow you a wide range of career options as they are both very practical, vocational subjects, vital to business and the growth life cycle. You will find all the information you require about entry requirements on our dedicated 'Entry Requirements' page.
Finance and Investment Analysts
Chartered and Certified Accountants
- 65% or above in the Thanawiyah or 5 passes at C or above in IGCSE
- 40 UCAS points at AS/A Level or completed IB Certificate
- Proof of English language at IELTS 5.5 or above (minimum 5.0 in all sections) or equivalent qualification.
- Applications for advanced entry to Level 3 will be considered from applicants presenting a diploma level qualification from a recognised FE College with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- The tuition fee for entry in September 2017 is 89,000 QR per year.
- Tuition fees are fixed at the point of entry so there is no annual increase for returning students.