- Cognitive Aging (executive self-regulation, memory)
- Emotion and cognition interactions across the lifespan
- Applied cognition, metacognition and strategy use across the lifespan (implementation intentions, imagery, future thinking)
My experimental research adresses cognitive and emotional development across the lifespan and how this is influenced by strategies and metacognitive factors. I am using behavioral and psychophysiological measures in lab-based and applied settings to examine questions like:
Are we more forgetful when we are happy or sad? Is our memory impaired under stress?
Which cognitive processes are underlying memory performance? Can memory performance in children, young and older adults be enhanced with the help of specific strategies?
Are age declines observed in some lab-based cognitive tasks related to actual everyday functioning in older adults?
2016-2019 Eye PM - Can eye movements reveal (dynamic) age and task related changes in prospective memory? German research foundation. Co-Applicant.
2015-2018 Does a monitoring deficit underly the real world/laboratory prospective memory paradox in healthy and pathological aging? French National Research Agency/ Swiss National Science Foundation. Co-Applicant.
- Further Info
- Level 2 Theory Convenor
- Research in Schools Coordinator
- Member of the Research Committee
- Member of the Undergraduate Committee
- Member of the Ethics Committee