The Qualitative Research Network (QRN) brings together like-minded postgraduate research students and staff to stimulate discussion, provide peer support, and deliver informal training on all aspects of qualitative research.
What we do
• We encourage discussion on all aspects of qualitative research
• We provide peer support and networking opportunities
• We offer informative sessions, and learn more about qualitative research in an informal environment
• We provide a drop-in space for troubleshooting and informal support with research-related questions
What we don’t do
• We do not provide formal teaching or qualifications
• We are not trained to provide specialist support relating to all disciplines or methods (please ask your supervisor!)
• We do not have the authority to help you choose your method or approach
• We cannot offer formal training for NVivo or other software packages (please ask Researcher Development at Postgraduate Research School about training opportunities)
Our 2018-19 program will be published throughout the academic year. You can register your place on the Course Booking system.
You can also find information about our workshops in monthly Newsletters by the Postgraduate Research School where they advertise all the upcoming trainings.
Over to you!
• What would you like us to cover in our sessions?
• How would you like the sessions to be run?
• Are there any other activities or events you would like to do as part of the network?
• Is there anything else you would like to do as part of the QRN?
- Past courses have included
- How to conduct Qualative Interviews
- Recruiting Particapants for Qualative Studies
- Study Design Workshop
- Academic Blogging