Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
Yazan Masannat is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon working in Aberdeen, Scotland/UK and a Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen and the University of East Anglia in England. After completing his basic surgical training in Wales and obtaining the membership exams of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland he Moved to England. He obtained a doctorate from the University of Leeds and then moved to the South East Thames Sector of the London Deanery where he completed his Higher Surgical training. He trained in some of the best units in the world including Guy’s Hospitalin London and obtained the highly competitive and prestigious National Oncoplastic Fellowship at Mid-Essex Hospitals(St Andrews Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery) followed by a further fellowship in the world-renowned Royal Marsden Hospital in London. His main clinical interest is breast conservation through level one and level two oncoplastic techniques and Breast Reconstruction.
Currently he is actively involved in research exploring new MRI and imaging technologies in breast cancer, and also looking at the biology of the rarer types of breast pathology with the research teams at the University of Aberdeen.
Teaching is an important part of Yazan’s practice. Locally he teaches at the University of Aberdeenand nationally he is a Tutor on the Master of Surgery in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery Program by the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England. He also designed a teaching website www.oncoplasticsurgeons.comon breast surgery in collaboration with colleagues from the UK, Europe, The States and India. Some of the best-known names in breast and plastic surgery are taking part in this project.
He is also a member of the communications team and a co-opted member of the education and training committee with the Association of Breast Surgery (ABS) in the UK and also a member of the education and training committee with the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) and an examiner at the European Board in Breast Surgery and the European Board in Surgical Oncology.
MRI Scan in Breast Cancer
Co-Lead of the Medical Law and Ethics Course
Page 3 of 3 Results 21 to 29 of 29
- Shenoy, HG, Peter, MB, Masannat, YA, Dall, BJG, Dodwell, D & Horgan, K 2009, 'Practical advice on clinical decision making during neoadjuvant chemotherapy for primary breast cancer', European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 65-71. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2008.07.005
- Masannat, YA, Al-Naser, S, Al-Tal, Y, Al-Koteesh, J & Sharaf, UI 2008, 'A rare complication of a common operation: hepatic artery pseudo aneurysm following cholecystectomy report of a case', Irish Journal of Education, vol. 177, no. 4, pp. 397-8. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11845-007-0053-7
- Moawad, MR, Masannat, YA, Alhamdani, A & Gibbons, CP 2008, 'Nerve injury in lower limb vascular surgery', The Surgeon, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 32-5.
- Masannat, YA, Shaaban, AM, Speirs, V, Coast, G, Jackson, P, Horgan, K & Hanby, AM 2007, 'Adverse effects of dyes used in sentinel node biopsy on immunocytochemical determination of hormone receptors in breast cancer cells', Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 730-732. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/jcp.2006.044974
- Masannat, YA, Achuthan, R, Munot, K, Merchant, W, Meaney, J, McMahon, MJ & Horgan, KJ 2007, 'Solitary subcutaneous metastatic deposit from hepatocellular carcinoma', New zealand medical journal, vol. 120, no. 1266, pp. U2837.
- Masannat, YA, Caplin, S & Brown, T 2006, 'A rare complication of a common disease: Bouveret syndrome, a case report', World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 16, pp. 2620-1. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v12.i16.2620
- Masannat, Y, Masannat, Y & Shatnawei, A 2006, 'Gallstone ileus: a review', The Mount Sinai journal of medicine, New York, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 1132-4.
- Masannat, Y, Shenoy, H, Speirs, V, Hanby, A & Horgan, K 2006, 'Properties and characteristics of the dyes injected to assist axillary sentinel node localization in breast surgery', European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 381-4. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejso.2006.01.010
- Al-Koteesh, J, Masannat, Y, James, NVM & Sharaf, U 2005, 'Chronic contained rupture of abdominal aortic aneurysm presenting with longstanding back pain', Scottish Medical Journal, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 122-3. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/003693300505000310