BA (Hons); DipEd (Dist); DASE (Dist)
I graduated in Chemistry at St Catherine's College, University of Oxford, and completed my postgraduate training at the University of Oxford Department of Education. I worked as a teacher, tutor, Senior Year Tutor (Guidance Teacher), and Senior Sixth Form Tutor at schools in England and Wales. After completing a Diploma of Advanced Study in Education (Counselling) at Keele University I worked as a School Counsellor in North Wales. In 1979 I became Lecturer in Counselling and Guidance at Aberdeen College of Education/Northern College, and in 1988 I was appointed Adviser in Guidance for Grampian Regional Council and then (after local government reorganisation) I became Adviser (Guidance and Careers) for Aberdeen City Council, from which I retired in 2008. I was leader of a national project on Personal Support in Schools run by Aberdeen City on behalf of the Scottish Executive, which was carried out jointly with Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils. I was also project leader for Determined to Succeed (Enterprise in Education) in Aberdeen.
- BA (Hons) Chemistry1967 - University of Oxford
- DipEd (Dist) Education1968 - University of Oxford
- DASE (Dist) Counselling1974 - Keele University
- Postgraduate, 3 stage, January start
- Care and Support in Action (ED501U)
- Counselling and Mentoring Approaches in Educational Settings (ED50CB)