Robert is a Senior Lecturer in Public Law. He joined the School of Law as a lecturer in September 2014. Prior to this, Robert studied at Durham Law School, graduating with a LLB (Hons) in 2008, a MJur in 2011, and a PhD in 2014. In 2016, Robert became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Robert is a leading researcher in UK Public Law and his work has been published in Public Law, the Modern Law Review and the Edinburgh Law Review.
Robert’s research interests lie in the realm of UK Public Law, in particular legal and political constitutionalism, devolution, parliamentary sovereignty, government accountability, and constitutional conventions.
His work challenges the assertion that the British constitution is undergoing a fundamental transformation from a political to a legal constitution by proposing and providing evidence of a new reconciliatory theory of constitutionalism: complementary constitutionalism.
Robert has published in leading law journals including Public Law, the Modern Law Review and the Edinburgh Law Review.
He would be interested in supervising students in the field of UK Public Law.
Robert teaches on the following courses:
- LS1537 - UK Constitutional Law (Level 1) (Course Co-ordinator)
- LS2033 - Administrative Law and Civil Liberties (Level 2) (Course Co-ordinator)
- LS401R/LX401R - UK Constitutionalism: Past, Present and Future (Level 4) (Course Co-ordinator)
- LS1528 - Introduction to English Legal System (Level 1)
- LS4025/LX4025 - Law Honours Dissertation
Robert has previosuly taught on the following courses:
- LS1521 - Public Law and Human Rights (Level 1) (Course Co-ordinator)
- LS3030 - The Law of Equity and Trusts of England and Wales (Level 3) (Course Co-ordinator)
- LS1025 - Legal System (Level 1)
- LS1026 - Case Studies on Law in Society (Level 1)
- LS2032 - Public International Law (Level 2)
- Further Info
External Examiner for Public Law at Strathclyde University, School of Law (2019-present)
- Deputy Director of the Aberdeen Centre for Constitutional and Public International Law (ACCPIL)
- Honours Co-ordinator
- Law with English Law Team
- Personal Tutor
- Level 1 Co-ordinator
- Matriculation Dinner 2017 Organiser
- UG Policy Convenor
- UG Admissions E-Mail Team
- UG Monitoring Team
- Library Committee
- CB Davidson Committee
R.B. Taylor, 'Remains unclear if UK will survive stand-off' The Press and Journal (7th April, 2017)
R.B. Taylor, 'Scotland could be heard loud and clear' The Press and Journal (21st December, 2016)