Ritu Vij joined the Department of Politics and International Relations in 2006, after completing a two-year fellowship at Keio Univerity (Tokyo) as the recipient of a Fellowship awarded jointly by the Social Science Research Council (USA) and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). Her doctoral degree is from the Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS), at the University of Denver, USA. She has been affiliated with several universities in Japan including, Kobe, Meiji Gakuin, Meiji, Ritsumeikan and Tokyo Universities. In the UK, her research has been funded by the British Academy, the Carnegie Trust of Scotland, the British International Studies Association and the University of Aberdeen.
Social theory; International Political Economy; Social Policy and Civil Society; Affect and Political Subjectivity.
Precarity and the International, European International Studies Association, Conference, Warsaw September 18-21, 2013.
Call for Papers: http://www.8thpaneuropean.org/
Online submission of Proposals: https://www.conftool.pro/paneuropean2013/index.php?page=login
Deadline: February 24, 2013.
Funding for research received from the following:
British International Studies Association
Carnegie Trust of Scotland
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Social Science Research Council, USA.
Post-graduate: International Relations Theory; Human and Critical Security
Under-graduate: International Political Economy; Japan and the World; Introduction to International Relations.
- Further Info
Membership in Professional Associations:
- International Studies Association (ISA)
- British International Studies Association (BISA)
- European International Studies Association (EISA)
- International Political Science Association (IPSA)
- Asian Studies in Japan (ASJ)
- President,Global Development Section (GDS)ISA (2009-2010; 2004-2005)
- Vice-President,GDS, ISA (2003-2004)
- Treasurer & Newsletter Editor, GDS, (2002-2003)
Director, Teaching and Learning Committee, School of Social Science
Director, Taught Post-Graduate Masters in International Relations
Member, College of Arts and Sciences Executive Council
Member, School Executive Council, Social Science
Member, University Senate
Previously: Coordinator, Politics and IR Seminar Series
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 17 of 17
- Vij, R 2019, 'Precarity and the international: an introduction', Globalizations, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 503-505. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14747731.2019.1603827
- Vij, R 2019, 'The global subject of precarity', Globalizations, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 506-524. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14747731.2019.1600287
- Vij, R 2016, Atemporal Dwelling: Heterotopias of Homelessness in Contemporary Japan. in AM Agathangelou & K D. Killian (eds), Time, Temporality and Violence in International Relations: (De)Fatalizing the Present, Forging Radical Alternatives. Interventions, Routledge, pp. 172-188.
- Vij, R 2016, Temporality, Violence, Politics. in A Agathangelou & K Killian (eds), Time, Temporality and Violence in International Relations: (De) Fatalizing the Present, Forging Radical Alternatives (Interventions). Routledge.
- Vij, R 2015, 'Making and Un-Making Modern Japan', ProtoSociology, vol. 32, pp. 1-263.
- Vij, R 2015, 'The Vicissitudes of Japanese Modernity', ProtoSociology, vol. 32, pp. 17-58.
- Vij, R 2014, Cinematic Narratives of Precarity: Gender and Affect in Contemporary Japan. in K Iwata-Weickgenannt & R Rosenbaum (eds), Visions of Precarity in Japanese Popular Culture and Literature., 10, Routledge, Oxon, OX and New York, pp. 169-186. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315752754
- Vij, R (ed.) 2014, Hegelian Encounters: Subjects to International Relations. International Relations Theory, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Vij, R 2013, 'Affective fields of precarity: Gendered antinomies in contemporary Japan', Alternatives: Global, Local, Political, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 122-138. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0304375413488031
- Vij, R 2013, Slums, 'Subsistence' and Human Security. in MK Pasha (ed.), Globalization, Difference and Human Security. Routledge, UK.
- Vij, R 2012, 'Temporality, civic engagement and alterity: Indo-kei in contemporary Japan', Alternatives: Global, Local, Political, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 3-29. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0304375412441560
- Vij, R 2012, 'Time, Politics and Homelessness in Contemporary Japan', ProtoSociology, vol. 29, no. -, pp. 117-142.
- Vij, R 2009, G. W. F. Hegel. in J Edkins & N Vaughan-Williams (eds), Critical Theorists and International Relations. Routledge, London, pp. 199-204. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203881842
- Vij, R 2007, 'Globalization and Citizenship: Locating Japan', Journal of Peace Research, vol. 25, pp. 141-154.
- Vij, R 2007, Globalization and Welfare: A Critical Reader. International Political Economy Series, Palgrave Macmillan , Basingstoke, United Kingdom.
- Vij, R 2007, Japanese Modernity and Welfare: State, Civil Society and Self in Contemporary Japan. International Political Economy Series, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Vij, R 2003, Social Security. in Encyclopaedia of Capitalism. Encyclopaedia of Capitalism.