- July 2005 - Degree in Physics, University of Naples Federico II, 107/110. Thesis: 3D image of the dissipative structure of the crust: application to Mt. Vesuvius. Tutor: Prof. Aldo Zollo, Prof. Edoardo Del Pezzo.
- April 2007 - September 2007: Visiting scientist at the LGIT, Université Joseph Fourier de Grenoble. Supervisor: Prof. Michael Campillo.
- June 2009 - PhD thesis in Geophysics, defense at the University of Bologna. Thesis: Attenuation tomography of the main volcanic regions of the Campanian Plain. Tutor: Prof. Edoardo Del Pezzo.
- March - June 2009. Scientific consultant as scattering propagation expert.
- June 2009 - March 2010. Post-doc researcher at the INGV for the development of a ”cluster analysis” on tomographic data.
- April 2010 - September 2014. Research Assistant on the base of a 2+4 year contract at the Istitut für Geophysik - Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität, Correnstrasse 24 - 48149 - Münster, Germany.
- 29 September - 12 November 2011. Visiting scientist at the EPCC (Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre) and Geosciences Mathematical Institute in Edinburgh in the frame of the HPC-Europa2 project. Supervisors: Dr. Adam Carter (EPCC), Prof. Andrew Curtis (Geosciences)
- September 2014 - Today. Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen, School of Geosciences, Dept. of Geology and Petroleum Geology, Meston Build- ing, King’s College, Aberdeen AB24 3UE Scotland, UK.
Velocity, attenuation, and scattering tomography.
Scattering in the heterogeneous Earth.
Coda and noise interferometry.
Forward-modeling attenuation and scattering tomography: from lab to the Deep Earth.
Volcano monitoring/imaging/interpretation with active/passive methods.
Seismic imaging at different Earth scales and in different Earth environments.
Institut für Geophysik, University of Münster, Germany
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Italy
The University of Portsmouth, UK
Universidad de Granada, Spain
Université de Toulouse, France
Tohoku University, Japan
2011 - Grant as visiting scientist at the EPCC (Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre) and Geosciences Mathematical Institute in Edinburgh in the frame of the HPC-Europa2 project. Supervisors: Dr. Adam Carter (EPCC), Prof. Andrew Curtis (Geosciences)
2015 - RSE-Accademia dei lincei bilateral program grant.
2015 - Santander Mobility Award (COPS).
2015 - TIDES COST EU travel grant.
2016 - NERCT CTD Oil&Gas Studentship for Panayiota Sketsiou
2016 - Elphinstone Grant for Jessica Pugsley
2016 - 2 part-funded scolarship for Simona Gabrielli and Zoë Wakeford
2016 - JSPS Senior Fellowship
2017 - Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance studentship for Pilar Di Martino Perez.
2018 - PEER and PECRE Awards (SAGES)
Coordinator: Time Series Analysis and Signal Processing(Msc Geophysics).
Coordinator: Inversion Problems and Statistics (Msc Geophysics)
Teaching: Volcanology (BSc Geosciences)
Teaching: The Earth Through Geological Time (BsC Geosciences)
PhD Students - main supervision:
Gabrielli, Simona (October 2016 - )
Pugsley, Jessica (October 2016 - )
Stetsiou, Panaiyota (October 2016 - )
Wakeford, Zoë (October 2016 - )
Aristides Zenonos (January 2017 - )
Waheed Akande (January 2018 - )
Pilar Di Martino Perez (April 2018 - )
- Further Info
GMPV Division Officer at the European Geosciences Union
SAGES VALIDATE Forum Leader
EU Representative - School of Geosciences
Erasmus Coordinator - Dept. of Geology
Athena Swan panel member - School of Geosciences