Dr Kassim Adebambo
The focus of my teaching /research work are as follows:
- Isolation and Characterisation of secondary metabolites present in Natural product substances
- Bioorganic Chemistry- Synthesis of novel biological compounds.
- Computational drug design- molecular modelling and Simulation.
- The application of Solid Nanoparticles as SMART drug delivery system.
- Analytical Techniques.
Kassim Adebambo graduated with a B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry from the Ondo State University(Now University of Ado-Ekiti, Nigeria), an M.Sc degree Organic Chemistry (Natural Product) from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, PhD (Medicinal Chemistry) from the Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, United Kingdom and M.Sc (Advanced Drug Delivery) from the Strathclyde University, Glasgow. He started his lecturing career at the Tai Solarin University of Education, Nigeria and moved to the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria as Organic Chemistry lecturer. He worked briefly at Nitech Solution, United Kingdom, where he applied Continuous Oscillatory Batch Reactor to optimise the crystallization process of solid particles during the tableting process, he also used this method to optimise the level of omega-3 in fish oil. Prior to taking up position at the Aberdeen University, he taught Medicinal Chemistry, Molecular Spectroscopy, General Organic Chemistry, Computational Drug Design and coordinated Pharmaceutical Chemistry Analysis laboratory class at the Department of Clinical, Pharmaceutical and Biological Sciences, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, United Kingdom.
- PhD Medicinal Chemistry2010 - Heriot-Watt University
- MSc Advanced Drug Delivery2020 - University of Strathclyde
- MSc Organic Chemistry1991 - University of Ibadan (Nigeria)
- BSc Chemistry1989 - Ondo State University (Now University of Ado Ekiti), Nigeria